Feeling a bit blue or in need of a foodie boost this January? This soup will help you feel awesome! The punchy ginger and sweet carrot work so well together and, with the beans blended in, it makes for a filling meal packed with protein.
- 400g fresh carrots
- Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, skinned and roughly chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a soup maker and set to the smooth mode
- Or place all the ingredients in a pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrot is fully cooked, then blend
- Grind some fresh black pepper on top before serving
If the soup is a little thick, add water until it reaches the desired consistency. The recipe makes around four portions (or three generous ones).
As always, please be mindful of any allergies and your own preferences in terms of what ingredients you use. Let me know if you make it and what you think!